The Barrel Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper....

3 posters

Go down

Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper.... Empty Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper....

Post  Diddy Kong Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper. Are they related?

Also in DK63, there are multiple parrots.

Either there is more than one Squawks (Explaining his job change.)

or

There are many parrots and the most famous are Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper. (Squawks changed job and size, so with this theory, Squawks grew up between DKC and DKC2.)

I believe #2 the most.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong
Klap-Trap
Klap-Trap

https://dkc-barrelcannon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper.... Empty Re: Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper....

Post  Sockpuppet Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Diddy Kong wrote:There are many parrots and the most famous are Squawks, Quawks, and Flapper. (Squawks changed job and size, so with this theory, Squawks grew up between DKC and DKC2.)
I think this. Squawks at least is referred to as an individual in the manuals/ by Cranky, I think.
Also, Flapper's not an official name. I reckon Parrot Chute Panic parrot and DKC3 parrot are the same parrot, just with a different design (slightly different color.) And as revealed in Barrel Blast it's name is Quawks.
Squawks is also a slightly different color in the third game.

Sockpuppet
Neek
Neek

Back to top Go down

Post  Diddy Kong Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm

Sockpuppet wrote:
Also, Flapper's not an official name. I reckon Parrot Chute Panic parrot and DKC3 parrot are the same parrot, just with a different design (slightly different color.) And as revealed in Barrel Blast it's name is Quawks.
Squawks is also a slightly different color in the third game.

I know that Flapper is an unofficial name, but I would rather call him that than blue parrot.

Also I though that they were the same parrot doing the same thing that Squawks did, change jobs. But, I realized that they are differant colors, more off than Squawks for DKC2, to DKC3. They also are the same size, so he would have had no reason to change jobs, also barrels are lighter than Kongs, so Flapper must be stronger. Even though Rambi also changed colors, there was no other rhino that could have taken his place.

Does that make sense?
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong
Klap-Trap
Klap-Trap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sockpuppet Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 pm

'Flapper' could only be ridden, and he wasn't strong enough to fly with the Kongs. He only fell really slowly. Quawks could only be transformed into, so because he had no Kongs he could lift barrels. As you said, they're lighter so he can fly. So they could be the same parrot.

Sockpuppet
Neek
Neek

Back to top Go down

Post  SK Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:07 pm

See, I tend to lean towards the idea of there being multiples of an Animal Buddy. So in this case Squawks only appeared in DKC, DK64, and DKBB. So there were many different Sqauwks look-a-likes all over the Northern Kremisphere and Krockodile Isle. Same for Quawks/Squeaks/Flapper.

SK
Neek
Neek

Back to top Go down

Post  Diddy Kong Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Huh, that makes sense, but I had always thought that the animal buddies traveled with them all around. But now that I think of it, Crocodile Isle isn't as far away from DK Island as the Northern Kremisphere is. So I am starting to think that only the animal buddies that can make it to the Northern Kremisphere (By air and water) would explain the absence of Rambi in DKC.

About Expresso....

If my theory is true, why isn't Expresso in DKC2?
Possibly he died, that would explain Expresso II

About Rambi....

Possibly Rambi stumbled onto Gangplank Galleon and got shipped to Crocodile Isle
or
He got crated and shipped to Crocodile Isle

About Ratty....

Like I said only airborne and water animal buddies made it to DKC3, and Rattly might have been already living in Crocodile Isle, explaining his absence in non-crocodile isle games.

About Squitter....

Squitter can be on land or AIRBORNE! Yes, I said airborne, think of his webs, all he had to do is make a platform to walk down to the Northern Kremisphere.

About Winky....

The same thing with Rattly, maybe he just couldn't make it off of his home island.

About Ellie and Parry....

Maybe they were already in the Northern Kremisphere.

About Quawks and Flapper....

@ Sockpuppet: I'm starting to think you're right. Maybe they are the same parrot.

About Rambi and Ellie....

If Rambi didn't come to Crocodile Isle by one of the listed methods, maybe he, like Ellie, could swim. And then, he stayed back to protect DK Island during DKC3, because a rhino is not built to swim long distances.

This is why I think that there is only one of each animal buddy.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong
Klap-Trap
Klap-Trap

Back to top Go down

Post  Diddy Kong Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Something else that might support my idea

In the GBA port of DKC2, there are many ostriches, but they all have different names.

Also, if there really is more than one of each animal buddy, than wouldn't they be called Rambi II or Squawks III?
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong
Klap-Trap
Klap-Trap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum